Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blode to the Night Nurse

If I could write a poetic ode, I would, but a blog ode, or blode, will have to suffice: after weeks of sleep deprivation, we hired a night nurse to care for the babies so that we could sleep like them. With 7 hours of sleep behind me, I already feel more human, and the babies seem to have fared well. Nurse Brigge (pronounced like "Bridget") will become a recurring character in our new life sitcom, which for now we'll call The Beautiful Primitive Creatures of Lancaster Road.

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very glad you got some sleep!!!! I, on the other hand, have entered the cycle of waking up at least twice to pee, and then not being able to get back to sleep quickly...I'm certain that the sleeplessness that comes with pregnancy is the preparation (boot camp) needed to deal with the lack of sleep that follows birth. This night nurse idea is a very good one!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Karen Taylor de Caballero said...

Shawn, have you found someone who does prenatal massage? I highly recommend it. Also: swimming (if you like to swim). I did neither of these often enough, but they were both great relaxers when I did do them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home