Monday, February 06, 2006


AquĆ­ es mi casa. My cozy house is located in "Centro", one of the older parts of Merida, very close to the Gran Plaza and the cathedral (more on that later). I've got a hellish commute, I'll tell you: a 5-minute walk to the University and the plaza.

Here's what you see when you walk through the door: kind of a sitting room/entry, which leads to a dining room, which leads to the garden in back. There's another set of rooms adjoining each of these: bedrooms, a bathroom and a kitchen. Hammock hooks are the standard in Yucatecan houses-- click to enlarge the photo and you'll see the hooks on either side of the double doors. Every room is a potential bedroom, which means there's room for you!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Karen Taylor de Caballero said...

Hi, Vivian.

1) the house is a house.

2) Hm... I guess "mono" is a word, since we can talk about mono or stereo headphones. Tell you're dad he can get a point for that word! :)

3) Bono? Um, no, not for Boggle. No proper nouns!

4) I miss y'all, too. I'm having fun in my house-- and I told you about the ants falling from the ceiling in the bathroom, didn't I? Just to spice things up a bit!

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Kat.
tu casa es preciosa, felicidades,
Gaby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home